Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Orphaned photos

So, I was reading Post Secrets today and they had a montage in there from I Found Your Camera. I found it very intriguing.

I went through the entire montage of photos that they had collected from readers either in camera form, actual photo form or from a memory card/stick watching for someone I might know or recognize. I actually lost an entire roll of film back when I was 20 (yes, roll, I'm from the paleozoic era). I had sent the photos in from when was crowned Genesee County queen and Rite Aid gave me the wrong photos. I took the other person's back and they took all my info with my hopes of getting my pics back to me. That never happened. I cried. I have no pics from that amazing experience and I'm sure there would have been some great pics of Chuck and I on it, considering that was the summer we started dating. (and I got my face tap-danced on by a horse just 2 days before the queen competition). But, alas, there were no photos of me on the montage; nor anyone I knew.

But beyond the initial cause of trying to reunite some friends or acquaintances with their orphaned photos, I really enjoyed the montage for another reason. I think I'm slightly voyeuristic. Actually, I know I'm an exhibitionist in a lot of ways, but I also enjoy and find other's lives so interesting. It was neat to go through those pics and see far off places I may never see and experiences (like Mardi Gras) that I might never experience. I have no idea who these people are...whether they are a complete asshole or a super sweet person...and it doesn't matter. Because they can be whoever you need them to be at that time.

I think that's why I like blogging so much. I can get a glimpse into others lives while I'm giving a glimpse into my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment