Wednesday, June 7, 2006

My epiphany

I've done it.

I've conquered yet another hurdle in my eating issues.

For this I'm extremely happy, even if it was for only one moment.

Monday night I went to the local convenience store and purchased a piece of pineapple/mango cake.

It sounded divine!

I couldn't wait to get in the car and rip it open and enjoy it. So on my way back to work, I did just that.

The first bite was not so good.

The second bite was worse.

So I figured, I'll try a third bite, right?

NASTY!

So I said to myself : "Self, this is the most disgusting piece of cake ever. I know that you paid good hard money for it, but seriously this is just nasty! Stop eating it!"

So, I did.

I listened to my inner voice.

After work, I tried it again thinking maybe something was wrong with my taste buds earlier.

It was still nasty! So I went home and threw it in the trash.

Yay for me! Normally, I would say heck no! I paid money for it and it is a sweet afterall...like it or not, you need to eat it.

So here's to more listening to that inner self!

No comments:

Post a Comment