Saturday, February 18, 2006

Consumer Correspondent, With Apologies to the Nashville Scene

2/18/06

Dear Otherwise Reputable Dermatology Clinic Who Sent Me a Lilac-Colored Advertisement Featuring B&W Close-Up Photos of Parts of Women's Faces (never a whole woman) and Offering 10% off My First Cosmetic Treatment:
I appreciate your generous offer of 10% off my first botox or collagen injection. I'm writing to inquire whether said 10% discount can be used for skin cancer removal or other health-related dermatologic concerns. It's just a question.
Sincerely,
Fine With Myself How I Am, Thanks

Attachments:
Other classics of women's insecurity (I mean, health) advertising:
Lysol douche ad - "For Married Folks Only - Why does she spend evenings alone?"
Zonite douche ad - "So humilitated when she realized the cause of her husband's frigidity"

CC:
Nashville blogging community
World Wide Web


Technorati Tags: ; ; ;
MeSH Tags: Advertising; Body Image; Cosmetic Techniques; Dermatology

No comments:

Post a Comment